Friday, August 20, 2010

Gimped Out



This tutorial was written in GIMP


Supplies Needed·

kit of choice

GIMP (Windows has a version)
Find gimp here

I am using Linux Mint

tubes of choice

Tube of choice, I used Keith Garvey
You must have a license to use his work from MPT


See his workHere.


Scrap by Kristin- from SWA Graveyard.


Scraps with attitude Here



Since i am still learning my way around gimp,
this will be

just a what i did,not a how to.

First off,I open a new 600x600 transparent image.

copy/paste is similar to psp.

kept adding elements as new layers.

I added the sparkle effect to the bushes.

and the moon.

did a soft outter glow to my tube layer

and a shadow on new layer.

My text was made alone in a new image,using the filter

add banner text/chrome.

a viginette effect was added to the paper on bottom layer.

my copyright was a saved psd file that i simply copied/pasted,and

changed the color using hue/saturation.

No comments: